[TRNSYS-users] Type 505 Geothermal Heat Pump Performance File

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Wed Sep 8 05:58:52 PDT 2010

Aaron,

With this particular heat pump model with the two
data files, the first data file considers the entering liquid conditions, “.\Tess
Models\SampleCatalogData\GeothermalHeatPump\Samp_C.Dat”. The following data
file then considers the inlet air conditions and puts multiplication factors on
the performance as necessary. Not all heat pump manufacturers report data the
same way unfortunately, so if your specific data does not match the format of
the Type, you can either somehow manipulate the data in a spreadsheet. For
example, I had data for a AWHP that was specified in outlet conditions, but I
needed it with inlet conditions, so I calculated (Q=mc(dT)) the inlet
temperature with a curve fit of the data points. Another option iss to modify
the source code for that component, so it conforms to the data, or you could
simply use a Type42 (HVAC à
Conditioning Equipment) which is a
performance map data interpolator in your simulation.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy