[TRNSYS-users] Question about initial surface temperature of Type557a

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Wed Sep 8 05:58:25 PDT 2010

Dear Patrick,
I apologize for the delay as I am catching up to all of the emails. That
parameter for Type557, Initial Surface Temperature, along with the next
parameter, Initial thermal gradient, will set the temperature for the
outside the storage volume. Thus, these are important parameters that will
be setting the initial temperature of the soil outside the storage
boundary. As a rule of thumb, we generally set the 30th parameter, Initial
Surface Temperature, to the deep earth temperature while indicating no
temperature gradient for the 31st parameter.
Best regards,
Matt Duffy