[TRNSYS-users] Simulation with Type655 air-cooled chiller

a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk
Sun Sep 5 17:36:09 PDT 2010

Hello, everyone.

I have been using the Type655 to simulate the performance of an air-cooled
chiller, but I have one query.  How can I take into account the effect of
sunshine on the chiller performance, as an air-cooled chiller is supposed to be
placed in an outdoor location.  The proforma only requires the input of ambient
temperature.  Should I make some adjustment to this ambient temperature rather
than just using the value directly from the weather file?  Please advise.
Thank you!

Best Regards
LEE, Chun Kwong
Division of Building Science and Technology
City University of Hong Kong