[TRNSYS-users] type 109 with 5 minutes time step

Dimas Firmanda Al Riza dimasfirmanda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 19:32:47 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I have problem again with simulation time step,

I use Type 9 data reader, with 5 minutes time step data,
1. How to write the simulation start time in (type 9) if I simulate it
together with weather data in June (in type 109)?
2. I did a test with my data file, I connect type 9 with online plotter, I
put data in type 9 like the note bellow,
    and I set simulation start time 0 stop time is 120, when I set
simulation time step to 5 minutes the simulation error,
    but when simulation time step to 2.5 minutes, the simulation run,
    Do I need to set simulation time step in control card below 5 minutes if
the data is in 5 minutes interval?
3. I run my complete simulation, with type 9 and type 109, I set simulation
time step to 2.5 minutes, i run simulation for a month,
    but the simulation run only for several hour and then stopped, I got
some warning:

simulation log:
Radiation while sun is down found    1 times (What is this?)
 only the first 10 warnings with data info are printed
 check: - Time of first data line
        - Longitude and Latitude
 REMARK: these radiation values are set to ZERO !

 ***** WARNING FROM UNIT   2 TYPE 109 DATA READER
 RADIATION DATA READ IN FROM FILE ==>Weather UTP - June 1-30 (5 min).109
 AT LINE #    2 ARE SET TO ZERO SINCE SUN IS DOWN, ORIGINAL VALUE:   28.91
W/m²

 ***** WARNING FROM UNIT   2 TYPE 109 DATA READER
 RADIATION DATA READ IN FROM FILE ==>Weather UTP - June 1-30 (5 min).109
 AT LINE #    3 ARE SET TO ZERO SINCE SUN IS DOWN, ORIGINAL VALUE:   28.91
W/m²

Simulation lst file:
*** Warning at time       :        61.416667
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    441 : The inputs to the listed units have not
converged at this timestep. The values at the last iteration will be used
and the simulation will proceed.
    Reported information  : UNITS: 4  10  11  17

*** Fatal Error at time   :        61.416667
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    450 : The maximum number of warnings allowed per
simulation has been exceeded. Please fix these warnings or increase the
limit on the number of warnings allowed per simulation (LIMITS command)
    Reported information  : Not available

*** Warning at time       :        61.416667
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    442 : The listed differential equations have not
converged at this timestep. The values at the last iteration will be used
and the simulation will proceed.
    Reported information  : DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS: 1

Please help me to solve this problem, thank you very much

Best Regards,

Dimas

Note:
Data in .txt file for type 9 (time interval 5 minutes):

25.07
40.18
42.77
0.00