[TRNSYS-users] Using Trnsys for BREEAM certification

Isabelle BRUYERE bruyere at matriciel.be
Mon Oct 18 03:03:32 PDT 2010

Dear David, dear Matt,

We are currently working on various projects for which a BREEAM certification is intended.

So, we would like to obtain, from BRE, an agreement for the use of TRNSYS to evaluate energy consumption and thermal comfort. To do so, we have to answer a list of questions (see attached file) or demonstrate that Trnsys has already been agreed for another study.

Are you aware of a project for which Trnsys was used in the context of a BREEAM certification? If not, can you help us answering the following questions:

-       Does the software model economisers as requested by the ASHRAE reference building?

-       Has Trnsys been tested according to the BESTEST set or, alternatively, EN 15265 and according to ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 140-2004?

Thanks already for your help!

Best regards,

Isabelle Bruyère

MATRIciel s.a
Isabelle Bruyère _  Directeur

Place de l'Université, 25 étage 2
à 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Tél : 010/24 15 70 - Fax : 010/24 15 60

bruyere at matriciel.be
http://www.matriciel.be <http://www.matriciel.be/>

P Please consider your environmental
            responsibility before printing this e-mail