[TRNSYS-users] Writing a simple output component for TRNSYS 17

Sven Böttcher sven.boettcher at tu-dortmund.de
Mon Oct 4 06:11:57 PDT 2010

  Hello everyone,

I'd like to write a simple component for TRNSYS 17 to write some output
into a file, just for getting familiar with TRNSYS component
development. I used the Simulation Studio to create a code skeleton,
where I have added the folowing code lines:

!Do Any Last Call Manipulations Here
       If(getIsLastCallofSimulation()) Then

         logical_unit = NINT(getParameterValue(1)) !get the logical
unit; logical_unit is the first parameter
         filePath = getLUFileName(logical_unit) !get the file by logical
unit

         CLOSE(unit=logical_unit)

         OPEN(unit=logical_unit,file=filePath,access='append'&
         ,status='old',action='write') !reopen the file

         write(logical_unit,*) 'hello world'  !just  a simple test

         CLOSE(unit=logical_unit)

         Return
       EndIf

It is no problem to compile the code (using Intel Visual Fortran
Compiler 11.1 and Visual Studio 2008), but I got the runtime error:
severe(46) inconsistent OPEN/CLOSE parameters, ...
Without the action parameter in the OPEN statement I got the runtime
error: severe(47): write to a READONLY file,...

Has anyone an idea how to solve this problem or how to write a Component
to write output into a file?

Thanks and best regards
Sven

--
Sven Böttcher
Dipl.-Inf.

Technische Universität Dortmund
Fakultät Architektur und Bauingenieurwesen
Lehrstuhl Klimagerechte Architektur

Baroper Straße 301
D-44227 Dortmund

Fon +49(0) 231 755 5248