[TRNSYS-users] Re : TRNSYS-users Digest, Vol 69, Issue 56

Jérôme Deroche deroche.jerome at cedre-sophia.com
Mon Oct 4 06:06:03 PDT 2010

I have the same error when i open an existing sketchup file with trnsys3d zones. Also, there is sometimes a duplication of trnsys3d zones and surfaces are no more matching.

Moreover, when i open the .idf file created there is no zones created. I have tried to change the .idf file extension into .bui in order to open it with trnbuild. But there is no information from this .bui file that appears in my type56 (trnbuild).

If someone know more about those problems let us know.
Thanks all

Jerome

Jérôme DEROCHE
Ingénieur d'études

CEDRE

Tel: 04 92 96 03 77
Port: 06 25 11 21 93
Ophira 1, 1 place Bermond
06560 SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS

Message original Re : TRNSYS-users Digest, Vol 69, Issue 56De : trnsys-users-request at cae.wisc.edu
A : trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
Date : 2010-09-29 11:58:05

Hello Group
Has anyone seen this error in Trnsys3d

ERROR:
NoMethodError
undefined method `position' for #<Sketchup::AttributeDictionary:0x772fdd8>

BACKTRACE:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/sketchup/Sketchup.rb:309:in `polygon_loop'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/sketchup/Sketchup.rb:309:in `each'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/sketchup/Sketchup.rb:309:in `polygon_loop'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/sketchup/Sketchup.rb:321:in `outer_polygon'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/sketchup/Sketchup.rb:326:in `polygon'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/interfaces/DrawingUtils.rb:27:in `detect_base_face'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/interfaces/DrawingUtils.rb:20:in `each'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/interfaces/DrawingUtils.rb:20:in `detect_base_face'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/interfaces/BaseSurface.rb:254:in `face_polygon'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/interfaces/BaseSurface.rb:253:in `each'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/interfaces/BaseSurface.rb:253:in `face_polygon'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/interfaces/Surface.rb:107:in `update_input_object'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/interfaces/BaseSurface.rb:94:in `update_input_object'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/interfaces/DrawingInterface.rb:353:in `on_change_entity'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/observers/FaceObserver.rb:32:in `onChangeEntity'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Trnsys3d/lib/AsynchProc.rb:17:in `initialize'

GANAPATHY.IYER at Thermaxindia.com

09/28/2010 12:05 PMTo
trnsys-users at cae.wisc.educc
Subject
[TRNSYS-users] Problem with Google Sketch Up 8 and Trnsys3d

Hello All,

I am a first time user of TRNSYS from India, so if this is not the forum for this question please redirect me correctly.

I am using trnsys3d in Google sketch up 8 since 7.1 is no longer avaliable.
When i complete the tutorial, i get an error which says something has crashed, but it still continues.
When I import the model to TRNSYS, the surfaces which I have connectec, eg : Floor of Second floor and cieling of first floor, they do not appear and then TRNSYS crashes.

Please let me know if there is a workaround or if some of you have a Google Sketch up 7.1 installer, lpease share me the link.

Regards
Ganapathy

DISCLAIMER :
privileged.It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions.