[TRNSYS-users] # of Heat Pumps On (Type 1221)

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Mon Nov 22 14:58:14 PST 2010

All,

I am getting confused between the difference of controlling the stages (inputs 5-8) vs. # of HP's on (input 10).

I wrote a simple controller to turn on the 1st and 2nd stages as the load increases. The control signal outputs make sense, but the output of the heat pump doesn't change output when the 2nd stage turns on.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing? There are a lot more control toggles to the new 2-stage water-to-water heat pump.

Thanks,

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>