[TRNSYS-users] Iterative feedback controller (Type 22)

Rambod Rayegan rraye001 at fiu.edu
Thu Nov 18 16:52:53 PST 2010

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am trying to simulate a flat plate solar collector. I want to:

(1) Let the pump run when solar radiation is higher than specific number and

(2) Set the output temperature at 85 °C.

 Type 540 can simulate the collector for constant output temperature but
there is no control signal in its input for the other purpose.

I think that I should use

·         type 1 instead of type 540 for solar collector and a variable
speed pump (type 3)

·         a differential controller (type 2d) and  an iterative feedback
controller (type 22)

*I don’t understand how I should connect the inputs and outputs of
controllers to the variables of pump and collector.*

I really appreciate it if someone gives me a clue.

Regards,

Rambod Rayegan
Ph.D Candidate
Mechanical Engineering Department