[TRNSYS-users] external shading factor (multizone building)

Joke De Beuckelaer joke.d at vkgroup.be
Tue Nov 2 06:45:26 PDT 2010

Dear trnsys-users,

I've a question about how to calculate the external shading factor (multizone building). Is the following correct?

Suppose I've a window with a g-value of 0,37 and a g-value of 0,23 (external shading device + window).
The external shading factor becomes then: 1 - (gwindow+shadingdevice/ gwindow) = 1- (0.23/0.37) = 0.38

Kind regards,

Joke De Beuckelaer
project engineer mep

VK     HEALTHCARE      |      BUILDINGS      |      INDUSTRY      |      INFRA

Value by design

VK ENGINEERING  Avenue Clemenceaulaan 87, 1070 Bruxelles Brussel, Belgium
t   +32 2 414 07 77   f  +32 2 414 04 98   m  +32 473 97 01 50   e   joke.d at vkgroup.be   w   www.vkgroup.be