[TRNSYS-users] Strange error when running a simulation

a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk
Thu May 6 00:57:32 PDT 2010

Hello, all.

When I performed a simulation, I got the following error message:

*** Fatal Error at time   :         7.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message     98 : Unrecognized variable name or bad data card. TRNSYS
was looking for a numerical value or the name of a variable defined in an
equation/constant and instead it found the data in "reported information"
below.
    Reported information  :  Reference parameters...

 Reference parameters...
            $

I cannot trace which unit causes the problem.  By enabling the equation trace,
it seems that the simulation stopped after executing one type created by myself
which used the bulit-in subroutine Dynamicdata. The Dynamicdata gave zero to
all the interpolated outputs from the data file.  Does anyone encounter similar
problem before?  Thank you!

Best Regards
LEE, Chun Kwong
Division of Building Science and Technology
City University of Hong Kong