[TRNSYS-users] Type 107 - Data File problem

Jones Marcus Marcus.Jones at ait.ac.at
Fri Mar 5 01:13:51 PST 2010

Nicolàs, from personal experience and the number of related posts to this list, I think anyone who uses this type encounters the same difficulty and confusion! Personally, under time pressure, I used two approaches. The first is to create a very poor approximation by simply using the data file provided or creating a simpler data file with constant performance over a wide range of data. The data file format itself isn't that complicated (two four-variable functions). The second approach that I am currently trying is to model the generator, absorber, and cond/evap coils with the auxiliary heater/cooler types (Type 92, 6).  It would be extremely useful to have an a wider range of data files, a simpler chiller model, or at least a walkthrough of creating a data file, at least to get something in the right order of magnitude as a first approximation . Hint hint @ developers!

Sorry I can't help more,

Marcus

MARCUS JONES, MSc
Energy Department
Sustainable Building Technologies

AIT Austrian Institute of Technology
Österreichisches Forschungs- und Prüfzentrum Arsenal Ges.m.b.H.
Giefinggasse 2 | 1210 Vienna | Austria
T +43(0) 50 550-6387 | M +43(0) 664 210 24 15 | F +43(0) 50550-6598
marcus.jones at ait.ac.at<mailto:marcus.jones at ait.ac.at> | http://www.ait.ac.at<http://www.ait.ac.at/>