[TRNSYS-users] (Type 56) - hight radiation rate through the windows ?

mahdi shahrestani mahdishahrestani at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 18:40:17 PDT 2010

Hello everybody

I have a question about Type 56. Does any body know why the solar heat gains of the penetrated direct and diffused beams through windows are very high?
It seems that in many cases the penetrated radiation heat transfers from windows are higher than the heat transfer rate of all the exposure (in typical room with normal size of windows).

For more detail I mean the B4-QSOL in balance 4.
If you compare this amount of energy with other parts like ventilation and … it is very significant. It seems to be a bit strange.

I was wondering if anybody suggests any point.

Regards
Mehdi