[TRNSYS-users] Type 56 active layer

thiemann.stefan at vdi.de thiemann.stefan at vdi.de
Wed Jun 9 01:17:08 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have two problems concerning the active layer.
1. How is the number of loops respectively the pipelength according to
 the equation in the manual part 6 defined?

Here is an example:
Floor Area: 80 m2
Pipe spacing: 0.15 m

What is the number of loop in this example if I have an single input
 an an single output?

2. I tried to use the active layer for heating. I simulated a heat
 source which outputs are connected to the input of the active layer.
After switching it off I see a sudden fall of temperature at the
 outlet of the active layer insteand of an expected exponential
 decrease (see picture).
Does anybody why this happens? What is the cause? How to fix it?

Regards