[TRNSYS-users] meteorological data

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Jul 27 08:55:40 PDT 2010

<I better suggest you to take the average over one hour of the temperature
data you have collected and then use it in TMY format.  >

Converting your 10-minute data into one-hour averages is pretty easy.
Taking that 1-hour data and converting it into pure TMY format is
difficult to say the least.  Instead of using this advice, simply use the
Type 9 data reader to read your data at 10-minute intervals and Type 16 to
process the solar radiation.  You can then run at timesteps of 10 minutes,
5 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute etc.

<Since inside building thermal load at one hour interval is meaningful but
less than that it will have lot of errors so I think TRNSYS is written for
doing hourly calculations. >

That's not true at all.  TRNSYS is capable of doing load calculations and
system calculations at timesteps under 1 second.  I'm not sure why you
think TRNSYS is just an hourly program - it's not.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370