[TRNSYS-users] Trnsys 15 : Error 206 : max number of equations allowed.

Christian Mahler mahler at solares-bauen.de
Fri Jul 16 07:38:21 PDT 2010

Hi trnsys users,

I'm currently worlking with TRNSYS 15 ans i receive this error :

***** ERROR ***** TRNSYS ERROR # 206
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF EQUATIONS ALLOWED IN DECK HAS BEEN EXCEEDED: MODIFY
PARAM.INC

I have 299 equations and the simulation can start. One more and the error
appears.

I tried to increase the number of equations in the trnsys15/include/param
.inc file but the modification did'nt make any difference and i still get
the error message.

Here you can see the content of the param.inc file. The number of equation
do not correspond with the real number of equation that trnsys uses ...

CNB THIS INCLUDE FILE MAKES IT EASY TO ADJUST THE NUMBER OF EQUATIONS,
CNB THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF UNITS AVAILABLE IN TRNSYS,
CNB AND THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF DERIVATIVES
CNB WRITTEN BY NATHAN BLAIR 3-1-95

CRW WITHOUT DECLARATION, YOU WILL ALWAYS STRUGGLE WITH IMPLICIT NONE

INTEGER NUNITL, NEQUATL, NEQCONSTL, NDERVL, NMPAR, NMOUT, NUMSTR
INTEGER NUNI2, NUNI10, NUNI15, NUNI20
INTEGER NEQPLS, NEQUA2, NEQUA10, NDERV3

CNB NUNITL = Maximum number of units (>75)
PARAMETER (NUNITL=150)
CNB NEQUATL = Maximum number of equations (>200)
PARAMETER (NEQUATL=250)
CNB NDERVL = Maximum number of derivatives (>100)
PARAMETER (NDERVL=100)
CNB NMOUT = Maximum number of outputs (>2000)
PARAMETER (NMOUT=2000)
CNB NMOUT = Maximum number of parameters (>1500)
PARAMETER (NMPAR=1500)
CNB NUMSTR = Number of storage places in the S array (>5000)
PARAMETER (NUMSTR=5000)

CMKu NCONSTEQL = Maximum number of constants in equations (not the max.
nb. of constants!) (> 3 * NEQUATL)
PARAMETER (NEQCONSTL=NEQUATL*3)

PARAMETER (NUNI2=NUNITL*2,NUNI10=NUNITL*10,NUNI15=NUNITL*15)
PARAMETER (NUNI20=NUNITL*20)
PARAMETER (NEQPLS=NEQUATL+1,NEQUA2=NEQUATL*2,NEQUA10=NEQUATL*10)
PARAMETER (NDERV3=NDERVL*3)

In the manual they recommand to recompile the kernel (trnlib.dll) but i
don't have the fortran compiler (or i don't have it anymore). I've tried
to find free compilers but i didn't found anything interesting and by the
way i don't have the skills to use them correctly.

Did someone already met this problem and could solve it? If anyone could
help my i would greatly appreciate. Maybe could someone send me a
trnlib.dll file with much more equation available.

Thanks for your help

PS : sometimes i also get the error that says  "variable storage exeeded".
Are the two errors linked in any way?

Christian Mahler

solares bauen
31 rue du Faubourg National