[TRNSYS-users] Wall definition

Mariëlle Nuchelmans M.Nuchelmans at chri.nl
Mon Jul 12 05:04:37 PDT 2010

Hello Julie,

Some answers:

 1.  If there is thermal mass, it is important (heat accumulation). In your case, with isolation at the outside, you will have thermal mass. If you add a wall to a zone, the inside of the wall is in your zone, the outside not.

 1.  In your wall definition screen, there you can add the solar absorbance (characteristic of the material)

 1.  If goesurf is set to zero, the incoming solar radiation is distributed to all the walls in the zone. If you change geosurf (say 0,3 to one wall, and 0,7 to the others) Then the wall with geosurf 0,3 gets 30% of the incoming radiation.

Kind regards,

Mariëlle Nuchelmans