[TRNSYS-users] Wall definition

Julie Lestrade lestrade.julie at cedre-sophia.com
Mon Jul 12 04:53:15 PDT 2010

Dear Trnsys users,

I was wondering about some details in the wall definition.

1) Usually, the building I represent is insulated from the outside. When I choose the layer that compose my wall I have an order (inside toward outside). I was wondering if there was any importance in that ? Because it did not seem to me that trnsys took into account the thermal bridges ? am I wrong ?

2) how can we choose the solar absorbance of the wall ? is it calculated ? if yes how ? if not how is it determined ? how can we determine it ?

3) I read somewhere here that the geosurf should be set to 0. am I right ? if yes why is that ? if not how do we choose the repartition ?

4) What about the wall gain parameter ? I notice it is set to 0 by default and in my results, the solar gains are equal to zero if there is no windows. Is that because my wall gain is zero ? To my mind it's not really representative of the reality. Should I put a wall gain different from 0 ? if yes how do I choose ?

Thank you for your feedbacks !

Julie
Julie LESTRADE
Ingénieur d'études