[TRNSYS-users] Relationship between latent gains and sensible energy demand (Ntype 2)

Matias Garcia matias.garcia0 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 07:04:04 PDT 2010

Dear Trnsys users,

How does the latent gains (NType11) affect my energy balance, specially my
ideal heating demand (Ntype2,30,31)?
I am simulating two different types of ventilation systems, the main
difference between them is that the relative humidity of the supply air is
different, but supply temperature and flow rate are the same. When I compare
my cooling and heating demand of my airzone (Ntype 2,30,31) for both
systems, I see that they are different, specially the values for heating. In
my heating type manager I don't have any humidification, only a set
temperature.
I don't fully understand this difference because when I look the energy
balance number 4 all the parameters are related to temperature changes and
there is no latent gains considered.

Thanks in advance!

Matias Garcia