[TRNSYS-users] Type 340 charging

Christian Schmidt christian.schmidt at ise.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jan 15 09:18:16 PST 2010

Rike Mayer schrieb:

> Dear all,
>
> I´m a student from Germany and I have to work with the Type 340 for my
> master theses.
>
> When I connect only the first double port  with a mass flow and a
> temperature.
>
> As input I have e.g. 100kg/h and 50°C.
>
> The dp output shows me the same mass flow -- that´s correct, but the
> temperature is always 0.
>
> There is no difference if I use stratified charging or not.
>
> I think the charging don´t work, because the temperature in the tank is
> always the initial temp.
>

> Thanks
>
> Rike

Hi Rike, hi to all type 340 users,

I am also working with type340 and I also have a problem with the double
ports. As soon as the flow rate (which is connected to the first double
port) in my input file changes from 0 to some positive value, i get an
error. In the beginning it was some balance error, now TRNSYS complains
about a mass flow which must not be negative. Of course the printer
shows a positive mass flow before it leads to the store...

Maybe our errors are caused by an old Proforma version. The most recent
type340.dll version is 1.99F (dll-file date 11.03.05). I have that
version. It offers more than 120 parameters, four heat exchangers, 10
double ports...
www.transsolar.com/__software/download/en/ts_type_340_en.pdf whereas my
proforma version only shows me up to 5 double ports and 3 heat
exchangers . Actually the model doesnt seem to run at all when i switch
one of them off via Parameter 6 which allows to set the number of heat
exchangers... Also there are less heat exchanger options (stratified
charging) and there is no parameter 126 (ver) allowing to change to the
fitting mode.

Does maybe anybody have some more recent proforma type340.tpf?
My version is dated Friday, 26. November 2004, 14:06:08.

Thank you, greetz to everybody!

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Christian Schmidt
Dept. Thermal Systems and Buildings
Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 7 61/ 45 88-56 20  Fax: +49 (0) 7 61/ 45 88-90 00
christian.schmidt at ise.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de