[TRNSYS-users] Installation - Type Libraries Windows 7.0

lucas.lira at scottish-southern.co.uk lucas.lira at scottish-southern.co.uk
Fri Jan 15 01:13:22 PST 2010

Hi Suriya,

I had a similar problem using windows vista. The solution was to follow
the steps described bellow (a msg sent by Matt Duffy some time ago):

Dear TRNSYS Users,

One of the TRNSYS users discovered a solution to opening plugins in
Microsoft Vista. If there are any Vista TRNSYS users, such as myself, this
is quite helpful for opening the many of the plugins included with the
TESS Libraries.

Right click on the "Studio.exe" ( in the .\Studio\Exe of your default
TRNSYS16 directory) and go to Properties. Go to the compatability tab and
click "Disable desktop composition". I believe this disables some of the
3D effects of the Vista Operating system for the Simulation Studio. I was
then able to open the plug-ins on my Vista OS machine.
Best regards,

Matt Duffy

Hope it helps

Lucas Lira