[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS simulation error

Michael Casier michael.casier at student.kuleuven.be
Mon Feb 15 03:46:05 PST 2010

Dear TRNSYS users

I've a problem with running my simulation.  TRNSYS executes the simulation with a time step of 1 hour, but not anymore when I go under that value (let's say steps of 15 minutes.)  I get the following messages:

"zone 1 surface 65 surface pane temperature is diverging at time 2881TDIF 0.68275E+01 ITPANE 8 ITCALC1"

So it's a problem related to my TRNBUILD-file.  I get the maximal number of this kind of messages, and then the simulation halts.

I thought the problem could be the input of the mass flow rate for component type 56 (building), but the input has to be given in kg/h, and not in kg/15 min or another value, dependent on the simulation step.  I haven't changed other things to my simulation file.

Does anyone have a hint to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot

yours sincerely

Michael Casier
Student Civil Engineer KULeuven