[TRNSYS-users] Different versions of the same type ?

Knut Erik Enerstvedt knut.erik.enerstvedt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 06:47:28 PDT 2010

Dear Benoit,

I think you can accomplish this by having several proformas that refer to
the same DLL (component number). You need one common
parameter for all the proformas, namely a number to tell the source code
which version of the type you want to run in TRNSYS,
otherwise you are free to choose the parameters/inputs/outputs you want for
the different versions of the type. For example, if you
have a Type 220, you can have Type220a.tmf, Type220b.tmf and so on. In the
source code, you will have to reset the numbers of
parameters/inputs/outputs after reading the type version parameter, as these
numbers depend on version. Then you can use the type
version parameter to do version dependent calculations.

I think this works best if you can use object-oriented programming
techniques, as in C++, otherwise the code can get quite messy.

Kind regards,
Knut Erik Enerstvedt

>Dear Trnsys users,

>Creating new components, I would like to define successive versions of the
same type.
>Keeping old versions of a type can be useful for compatibility with old
projects.
>Improving a type (for a same physical equipment) can lead to additions of
inputs, outputs and parameters or modifications in the results.

>The only solution I can see is to create different components, with
different type numbers but I will be very quickly limited.
>As far as I know, only 50 numbers are reserved for the user written
components (Type151 to 200).

>Is there any other solution ?

>Best regards

*>Benoît COGNE*