[TRNSYS-users] Problem compiling with PGI Visual Fortran 10.3

Carlos Flores | DECCW. Sydney, Australia cflores at ing.uchile.cl
Wed Aug 11 05:55:44 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I've got a quick question.  I recently installed PGI VF 2008 (v10.3) after
my failed attempt to use C++.  I had to use PGI's as it is the version used
in the IT department at the university.

Now, TRNSYS generates a DSP file (with relevant links to TRNDll and other
files) along with a .FOR template.  The problem is that after installing GPI
Visual Fortran, the DSP file is still not being recognised by Visual Studio
(2008).  If I try to open the file it tells me that the file is *corrupted,
and it seems to be associated with a C++ project rather than Fortran.*
*
*
*So I gues my question is:  Is there any way I can fix this?*
*
*
*Alternatively, if I start a new fortran project in Visual Studio from
scratch, and I include my FOR source code.  H**ow can I let Visual Studio
know where are the libraries with the necessary functions to compile my code
(e.g. TRNDll.dll)?*

Thanks everyone!

Carlos
Energy Research Program