[TRNSYS-users] Type 84 "Moving average" range check error

Jochen Doell jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 4 02:27:31 PDT 2010

Dear TRNSYS users,

I spent quite a few hours on a problem and I want to share the solution
in order to prevent other users to also get crazy.

When you use type 84 - Moving average with parameter 3 (number of
timesteps) > 100 you will receive a "Range check error" and no further
comments. It took me a while to identify that component because I only
changed my simulation time step and the input parameter for type 84 was
timestep-dependent...

If you need bigger periods of time to create the moving average you can
change the value "NTmax" in line 72 of the sourcecode and recompile the
trndll.dll. But have in mind that this slows down your simulation quite
heavily. This again can be avoided be cutting down NImax and NOmax to
the exact number of inputs your simulation requires (both in line 72).

A hint on this limitation in the manual or an error message would have
been a great help.

Best regards,
Jochen

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Jochen Döll
Dept. Thermal Systems and Buildings

Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

Phone:	+49 (761) 4588-5468
Fax:	+49 (761) 4588-9000
Mail:	jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Web:	www.ise.fraunhofer.de