[TRNSYS-users] external file for type 53 (parallel chillers)

Martin Thur Martin.Thur at BLS-Energieplan.de
Fri Apr 30 01:48:06 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I want to create an external file for type 53. According to the manual I have to calculate "the ratio of the temperature difference between the condenser water outlet and the evaporator water outlet relative to a specified design temperature difference". I calculated these ratios based on manufacturers data at the following chiller conditions:

- decreasing chilled water mass flow rate (representing part load)

- constant cooling water inlet temperature and therefore decreasing outlet temperature

- constant chilled water outlet temperature

My file then looks like this:

0.00        0.78        0

0.05        0.79        0.08

0.10        0.81        0.17

0.15        0.82        0.25

0.25        0.84        0.42

0.30        0.85        0.46

0.40        0.87        0.49

0.50        0.89        0.55

0.60        0.91        0.60

0.70        0.93        0.66

0.80        0.95        0.74

0.90        0.98        0.85

1.00        1.00        1

When I run the simulation I get an error at the time step the chiller is supposed to turn on:

"The chiller is operating outside of the range defined by the performance curve fit."

The question is now: Is the form of the file incorrect? (which I don't think) Or did I calculate the ratios wrongly?

Thank you in advance

Martin

Bei Fragen bitten wir um Ihren Rückruf.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

BLS Energieplan GmbH
i. A. Martin Thur

Elsenstraße 106
D-12435 Berlin
Tel.: +49 30 53 32 81-0
Fax: +49 30 53 32 81-40
BLS Energieplan GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Christoph Lange, Wolfgang Sturm
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB-Nr. 32021