[TRNSYS-users] Likely bugs in Type655 and Type666

a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk
Thu Apr 29 18:30:49 PDT 2010

Hello, all.

I previously developed a parametric model for a water-cooled chiller.  I used it
to compare the results with those based on Type666.  I then found that
calculated COP seemed to increase only mildly during the low-load period when
using Type666.  I went through the source code and the related data files.  I
found that the following statements appeared to be wrong:

COP_RATIO=Y(1)
CAP_RATIO=Y(2)

According to the data file, the first output should be the capacity ratio while
the second output is the COP ratio.  The same case happened for Type655.  Am I
wrong?

Best Regards
LEE, Chun Kwong
Division of Building Science and Technology
City University of Hong Kong