[TRNSYS-users] Unusual solar thermal operation

Francois Badinier francois.badinier at icax.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 02:31:41 PDT 2010

Fred, Edward

I have also noticed that some weather data are read differently depending on
which weather data reader you are using (either Type 15 or Type 109).

The example I have found is the weather data for Hemsby (GB) for which, when
you plot the total horizontal radiation with Type 15, the output is
constantly zero, whereas when you use the Type 109, you get the right values
out.

So further than checking the connections are right, you might as well check
that the weather data you are using is not outputting zero radiation, in
which case you might need to change the weather data reader.

Kind regards,

François Badinier

Development Engineer

ICAX Ltd