[TRNSYS-users] Unusual solar thermal operation

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Thu Apr 22 14:44:16 PDT 2010

TRNSYS Users,

My solar thermal panels are not producing any heat or elevated temperature. As the temperature of the water inside the panel doesn't exceed the ambient temperature, the pumps never start, and there is no flow.

I have verified that the connections from the weather file and the rest of the loop are correct.

I put in the specs and IAM for this panel from the SRCC data sheet.

Any thoughts on what I might be forgetting/doing wrong?

Thanks,

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>