[TRNSYS-users] Canadien well/ air-to soil heat exchanger

Joke De Beuckelaer joke.d at vkgroup.be
Mon Apr 12 05:32:28 PDT 2010

Dear trnsys-users,

I want to model a canadien well or also called air-to soil heat exchanger in Trnsys with the purpose to know the energy demand of my building and to made an economical analysis.
Is it correct that type31b or type 556 of the TESS library may be only used for a water closed ground heat exchanger? And not when you are working with air?

What type should I otherwise use for the modelling? I also read something about type 460 of Transsolar?

Thanks in advance,

  Joke De Beuckelaer
  project engineer