[TRNSYS-users] Heating and cooling control

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Mon Apr 12 05:14:31 PDT 2010

Hello,

If you know the heating and cooling load of a building, you can impose
this directly on the fluid stream, for example by using Type 682 if you
have the TESS Loads and structures library. The load needs to be on an
hourly basis (kW), so if you only have a yearly energy consumption (kWh)
you need to find a way to calculate an hourly distribution. If flow rate
and heating/cooling temperatures are fixed, the varying load means that
fluid return temperatures vary accordingly, which in turn affects the
working conditions of the chiller.

Hope this helps a bit.

Best regards,
Knut Erik Enerstvedt

>Dear trnsys users,
>I am student in mechanical engineering and I am writing my thesis about
solar cooling,using Trnsys. At the moment i have a problem.
>I have the heating and cooling load of a building, and I need to cool and
heat it using an hot water flow rate during winter and a cold flow >rate
during summer, produced with an abosrption chiller. How can I manage to
simulate this conditioning system?I have cooling and >heating load, hot
water and cooling flow rate with their temperature.