[TRNSYS-users] TRNBuild / Type56: Documentation on handling custom inputs

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Thu Sep 17 04:12:28 PDT 2009

Paul,

When you specify a heating type in TRNBUILD, you simulate the building in
Energy Rate Control. This is useful for dimensioning equipment as you can
output the heating load from the building given a specific set
temperature. When you actually want to simulate operation of the
equipment, like a GSHP system, you should use Temperature Level Control
instead. Then you should turn Heating off in your building zone, and use
Ventilation (if heat is delivered by air) or Gains (for example radiators
or heat pipes) to couple your heat source to the building. See this
tutorial:
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/downloads/tutorials_and_examples/tlc_tutorial.pdf
for an explanation of using Temperature Level Control.

Hope this helps,

Knut Erik