[TRNSYS-users] Solar thermal installation and convergence

John Bisgrove jbisgrove at earthsensitive.com
Wed Sep 2 09:45:01 PDT 2009

Arnaud,

I had convergence problems with single stage pumps in solar thermal arrays.
Slowing the on/off flow change, or setting a minimum of time the pump stays
on will solve these problems. Adding piping can also help or hurt depending
on the temperatures. (i.e. ground coupling in the winter) To see if the pump
is the cause of your problem, replace the pump with a variable speed pump
(don't worry about power curves) and assign a linear control as function of
temperature.

Good Luck

John Bisgrove
Earth Sensitive Solutions