[TRNSYS-users] Tank volume optimisation

Benoît Andlauer benoit.andlauer at ensmp.fr
Wed Sep 2 05:15:58 PDT 2009

Dear TRNSys-users,

I would like to model a micro-CHP system including a storage tank component.
I use the Type 534 from the TESS Library.
I'm now trying to run an optimization process with TRNOpt, and the tank
volume should be one of the optimization variables.
Classically, I would put an equation defining the variable (for ex.,
Tank_Volume) and link to the component, so that TRNOpt recognises the
variable.

However, the tank volume for type 534 has to be defined in an external plug
in, so it isn't a regular "input" or "parameter".
I tried to modify the numerical value in the .dat file of the plug in to
"Tank_Volume", but TRNSys reported an error.

Has anyone met such a problem in defining the optimisation variables ?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated,
 Benoît