[TRNSYS-users] Access violation with parametric runs

Janne Paavilainen jip at du.se
Thu Oct 29 02:55:37 PDT 2009

Hi!

I wrote once a mail about this to the TRNSYS-users list, I have pasted the mail here below.
Please also write a mail back if one of the tricks fixes the problem, so that the developers are able to track the problem.

Kind Regards,
Janne

Janne Paavilainen
MSc, PhD student
Researcher in Energy and Environmental engineering
Solar Energy Research Center SERC
Högskolan Dalarna
SE-781 88 Borlänge
Sweden
tel +46 (0)23 778728
fax +46 (0)23 778701
e-mail: jip at du.se
www.du.se
www.serc.se
www.eses.org
http://solar.uni-kassel.de/solnet/index.htm

Hi!

Here's a few tricks that may help:

1. Use short file names, i.e. rename your *.dck file from e.g.
VeryComplicatedSystem15thSept2008version10.dck such as S10.dck. You still can keep your long file name in Studio, just (copy and) rename the *.dck that the Studio created.

2. Try to close the deck file before you run the parametric table. I.e. you have only the parametric table file open in TRNSED when you start the parametric run.

3. Do not open the *.dck file by double clicking on it in a file browser. Run TRNSED from the start menu and then open the deck file from there.

I've had all of the above solving parametric run crashes in the past (but I don't remember which TRNSYS build etc. and how I had installed TRNSYS... on separate partition etc.).

Actually the last "bug" is still valid for me, my TRNSED doesn't even start if I double click on a *.dck file, but crashes with "Access violation...". But it runs OK if I open the deck file from TRNSED.