[TRNSYS-users] Solarthermal collectors

Haluf, Christopher christopher.haluf at siemens.com
Thu Nov 26 04:11:50 PST 2009

Dear Users!

I have a question concerning solarthermal collectors.

I have a solarthermal system using 10 evacuated tube collectors, each with an effective absorber surface of 3,3 m². Always two of them are in series so that I have 5 x 2 collectors in series. The five collector couples are in parallel. I hope you understand what I mean.

Now, the question is how I can realize this in TRNSYS. I'm using Type 71 to model the evacuated tube collecters. There I can set the "number in series" and "collector area". For each couple, I think that I could set 2 for the "number in series" and 6,6 m² for the "collector area". But I don't know how to model the 5 couples in parallel...

Any help will be appreciated!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christopher Haluf (Intern)

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
CT PS 3
Günther-Scharowsky-Str. 1
91058 Erlangen, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 (9131) 7-24724
Fax: +49 (9131) 7-21339
mailto:christopher.haluf at siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme; Vorstand: Peter Löscher, Vorsitzender; Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Barbara Kux, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322