[TRNSYS-users] Type-2b???

Francois Badinier francois.badinier at icax.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 05:21:20 PST 2009

Hi Francesco

Here is the solution to your problem (see attached modified project):

1. First of all, make sure you connect the output signal of the Type2b to
its "input control function", to ensure a proper hysteresis effect

2. When you want to switch the control signal to 0 when approaching a fix
target/setpoint temperature with lower value (e.g. when controlling a
heating device),   you have to use the following procedure:

                a. connect your variable temperature to the upper input of
the controller

                b. set the same deadband as you did

                c. use the opposite of the control signal via a calculator
(either use the function Not(...), or the equation 1-...)

That's the only way I found to use Type2b to do such a control.

Hope this helps.

François Badinier

Development Engineer

ICAX Ltd