[TRNSYS-users] - fluxes on internal surface

Tommaso Toppi tommaso.toppi at polimi.it
Mon Nov 16 09:23:05 PST 2009

Dear all,

I'm connecting Trnsys with Matlab using type 155. With Matlab I simulate a
wall containing phase change materials; Matlab takes as inputs the surface
fluxes of the internal surface. I have read the Trnsys manual, but I'm not
sure if my interpretation is correct.

The wall fluxes to the internal wall surface are:

-        convective and radiative from the other surfaces --> taken into
account with Tstar and with Rstar

-        solar radiation coming from a window --> not included in Tstar, but
evaluated with the surface output Q_SIAB (solar, direct + diffuse, radiation
being absorbed at inside surface

-        radiative part of internal gains absorbed y the surface --> not
included in Tstar, but evaluated with Q_RGAB (internal radiative gains
absorbed on inside surface of wall or windows

So the total energy flux on the internal surface is the sum of these three
fluxes. Is this correct? Am I forgetting something or counting something
double?

Thank you very much

Tommaso