[TRNSYS-users] Emissivity of wall material (TYPE56)

Philippe André p.andre at ulg.ac.be
Fri May 29 06:11:02 PDT 2009

Dear Yoshi,

Another possibility we have used in the past is to change the average
surface temperature parameter (available under the "project" window /
properties in TRNBUILD) according to the formula given below:

This way, it is possible to define a fictitious coefficient TmeanNEW which
is the Tmean which is needed in the model in order to have the effect of a
modification of the surface emittance:

                             (7)

where   eNEW    is the required emittance.

Best regards,

Philippe.

Philippe ANDRE
Université de Liège
Département Sciences et Gestion de l'Environnement
185, Avenue de Longwy
B-6700 ARLON
Tel: 32-(0)63-230 858
Fax: 32-(0)63 230 800