[TRNSYS-users] Airflow in a double skin facade

Inschlag,Franz franz.inschlag at fh-pinkafeld.ac.at
Sat May 16 12:26:34 PDT 2009

I have following problem!

I want to simulate a double skin facade (height approximately 9 m) with an opening at the bottom (h = 0.2 m) and an opening at the top (h = 8.8 m) to an external node. As I checked the influence of the radiation intensity on the airflow inside the facade - while all other influences were switched off - I wondered that there is also an airflow (quite high) if no radiation intensity exists, i.e. all temperatures (boundary, zone, adjacent,...) are absolutely identical. That cannot be because no thermal impetus exists. The reason apparently is because of the atmospheric pressure difference over the height of the facade.

How can I rectify this?

Kind Regards
Franz