[TRNSYS-users] Heating pipes model

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Tue May 12 02:47:49 PDT 2009

Dear TRNSYS users,

I need to model heating pipes commonly found in greenhouses. The pipes are
in loops located 15 cm above the floor, 1 m above the floor, along the
walls and somewhat below the ceiling. Hot water flows in the pipes and
heats up the greenhouse. I use Type 56 to model the greenhouse, but have
not yet succeded in finding a model for the heating pipes. Does anyone
know an appropriate model for the heating pipes and how to use it in
combination with Type 56?

I have considered using active layers, but then again the pipes are not
actually inside the floor or walls.

Best regards,
Knut Erik Enerstvedt