[TRNSYS-users] Horizontal pipe array

Javier LLorente Yoldi jllorente at cener.com
Thu Mar 26 10:03:38 PDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I would like to model an horizontal pipe array. Currently, I'm using the
Type 556, "Horizontal Ground-Coupled Heat Exchanger" from the TESS
libraries.

When using this model, I can get to know the amount of heat transferred
from the pipe to the ground. However, I can't model the influence caused
by other pipes placed close to it, I mean I can only study the
performance of 1 pipe. But the fact is that the influence of the other
pipes reduces the efficiency of the heat transfer and there is some
difference when studying 8 pipes altogether than when studying 8 pipes
isolated.

So, I guess if someone could help me with this, as most of the systems
are constituted by parallel pipes.

Thanks a lot.

Bye

Javier