[TRNSYS-users] regulation (type 2) of hot water production

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Jun 29 13:09:14 PDT 2009

<But i have a problem with a type 2 configuration (parameter and input). I
would like to my production run when the storage tank falls below 50 ° C
and the production stops when the temperature of the storage tank reached
65 ° C for example. How do this?>

The first thing I would tell you to do is to read the documentation for
Type 2 - that should explain the way to set the parameters and should be
done every time you use a new model.  The second thing I would tell you to
do would be to drive the Type 2 model with an equation that acts as a
forcing function for temperature:

Twatch=40+30*sin(time)

then play with the parameters and get the model to turn on at 65 and off
at 50 as you would like.  That's the best way to learn TRNSYS; play with
the models and see what they do!  Lastly write the e-mail list and see if
you can coax a kind-hearted soul to help you with your problem.  Luckily
quite a few exist on this list....

Parameter 1 = 5
Parameter 2 = 1000

Input 1 = Unconnected with an intial value of 65
Input 2 = Connected to Tank Temperature
Input 3 = Unconnected with an intial value of 0 (or anything less than 1000)
Input 4 = Connected to the first output from this model (for hysteresis)
Input 5 = Unconnected with an intial value of 15
Input 6 = Unconnected with an intial value of 0

<What is the number of oscillations ?>

It's the number of times the control state can change from on to off in
one timestep before the state is "stuck" by the controller for the
remainder of the iteration process at this timestep.

<Also, what is the difference between solver 0 and solver 1 ? in my
projet, I can't use a solver 1 (powell method). I don't understant this.>

Solver 1 is a complex solution algorithm that should be used for
simulations with non-linear dynamics and little capacitance (like PV
systems).  The use of the Powell method solver requires a thorough
understanding of TRNSYS.  For 99+ % of simulations, the standard solver
should be used.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC