[TRNSYS-users] Type 71 flow rate & IAM

Ben Sutton ben at mendipclimb.org.uk
Mon Jun 29 06:55:01 PDT 2009

A couple more Type71 questions.
1. The SPF test report for my evacuated tube collector gives the 'Flow rate
during test' as 119l/h.  I'm not sure how to convert this into the "Flow
rate at test conditions" in kg/hr.m2 required by the model (ie per unit
area), as the report doesn't detail what the area is where they measure this
flow rate?

2. In the Type71 example, parameters 10/11 for the no. of IAM angles are
given as 5.  The associated IAMData.dat file in the Examples directory has 7
angles.  I assume that 0 and 90 do not count?  In my SPF report I have 10
angles (0, 10, 20, etc) for which I have created an equivalent .dat file.
 Should I hence set the parameters 10/11 to 8, indicating 8 angles plus 0
and 90 ?

3. I'm a bit confused about Parameter 9, the "Logical unit of file
containing biaxial IAM data", what does this represent ?

many thanks,
Ben