[TRNSYS-users] throttle valve for pressurized steam

Carlos Flores cflores at ing.uchile.cl
Mon Jun 22 11:13:18 PDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I am simulating a solar power cycle, where the load conditions in
winter can fall up to 30% of the design load.  Under this part-load
conditions, the super-heater must be kept at nominal pressure, while
throttling the steam to adjust it to the required pressure inlet of
the steam turbine (so the pressure at the turbine outlet is kept at
design conditions).

I need a throttle valve model in TRNSYS, so I can simulate this
behaviour.  I try cheeking out the existent modules, but I don't think
there's any throttle valve.  Do you know about any module that does
this? Is there any library that contains this component?

Thanks to all,

Carlos