[TRNSYS-users] Humidity capacitance ratio and internal gains

Francois Badinier francois.badinier at icax.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 07:30:47 PDT 2009

Dear TRNSYS-users,

I would like to know more about how to set a right value for the “humidity
capacitance ratio” in the .bui file.

I know that it is about taking into account the materials in the zone that
absorb moisture such as furniture, clothes, etc... but I don’t know how to
set a correct value for a given type of zone.

For example, I am currently modelling a standard high school classroom, does
anybody have an idea of what the ratio would be for that type of zone?

Otherwise, regarding the internal gains from the occupants, I am tempted to
use a ratio of something like 0.75 for high school kids compared to
“standard gain” from adults.

Has anybody had this thought already or should I just stick to the standard
values?

Best regards,

François Badinier

Development Engineer