[TRNSYS-users] Compiling ASHRAE Toolkit Components / Error 4 - too many outputs?

Eric Wilson eric.jh.wilson at colorado.edu
Tue Jun 2 16:04:55 PDT 2009

Hello all,

Has anyone successfully compiled and used the Fortran source code
ASHRAE Toolkit Components in TRNSYS 16?

I have revised the Fortran code for Type 1228 (old name: Type 78) "DOE
2.1 DX Coil Performance Calculations" from the ASHRAE Secondary
Toolkit (http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/trnlib/ashsec.htm) for use in
TRNSYS 16, following the guidelines for doing so in Ch 08 -
Programmer's Guide.  I used Werner's instructions for using the g95
Fortran Compiler (Thank you!).  I resolved the many errors given by
the compiler, moved my Type dll to the Userlib directory, and ran a
simple TRNSYS project with just my custom Type 1228.  I get TRNSYS
Error message 4:

"The total number of OUTPUTS in your simulation exceeds the maximum
possible number of TRNSYS outputs. You can either decrease the number
of OUTPUTS in your simulation or you may increase the maximum number
of OUTPUTS that TRNSYS will accept by modifying that parameter
nMaxOutputs in the file TrnsysConstants.f90. You will need to
recompile and relink the trndll.dll"

This is strange because Type 1228 only has 4 outputs and nMaxOutputs
is set to 3000.  I can send the Fortran code to anyone who might be
able to help.

Thanks,
Eric