[TRNSYS-users] Air-coupling vs TRNFLOW

A.Thome-08 at student.lboro.ac.uk A.Thome-08 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jul 29 02:12:22 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I have used "virtual windows" to connect adjacent thermal zones together.

Now, I installed a powerful biomass stove (air flow=1000 kg/hr and heating
capacity of 20 000 kJ/hr) in the main room: living room. I would like to
asses the gain from this stove to the adjacent rooms which are connected to
the main room by these "virtual windows".

Does the use of "air coupling" is enough? if yes, how should I estimate the
air coupling between two zones. ( I made différent tests with different air
coupling and it has a big impact on the adjacent room temperature)

Or should I use TRNFLOW?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Arnaud