[TRNSYS-users] Light power requirement estimation

A.Thome-08 at student.lboro.ac.uk A.Thome-08 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jul 20 11:16:53 PDT 2009

Good evening everyone,

I would like to know how I should I simulate the lighting power required in
my building.

1/ Can I say that the artificial light will be needed when the total
irradiance is below a certain value? 100W/m2, 200W/m2?

2/ The building is a big house (350m2) but most of the year there is only
one occupant. Can I say that:
Power = ( Number of occupant at t=to * Total area/max number of occupant)*
average light /m2

If yes, does anybody know a ball park for the average light in W needed for
one m2?

Thank you!