[TRNSYS-users] .bld and .trn-File

Angela Dröscher angela.droescher at tugraz.at
Wed Jul 1 06:56:14 PDT 2009

Hi all,

We are looking for a possibility to change building parameters (e.g. wall thickness) without working directly in Trnsys (Trnbuild respectively). The final product should be easy to use for people who do not have any knowledge in Trnsys but want to see the effect of changing parameters on the simulation results.

Our idea is the following:
- enter certain paramters (wall thickness,...) in Excel
- start a command window from MS Excel
- start Trnsys from the command window via Excel

It is no problem to change the parameters in the .bui-file, but to run the simulation, the .bld- and the .trn need to be updated.
Our first idea is to open the .bui-file in Trnbuild from the command window and save it in order to update the .bld and the .trn. The problem is how to save and close the .bui-file from the command window.
The second idea is that the .bld and the .trn possibly can be updated without starting Trnbuild, but we have no clue how to do this.

Are there any ideas how we could fix this?
Thanks in advance,
Angela and Juliane

--
Graz University of Technology